Green Retreat – Columbus Day Weekend 2018
AMC’s Highland Center, Crawford Notch NH
(approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes from South Church)
- All are welcome: Singles, families, kids, seniors, young, old, partnered. Handicap Accessible. All members are welcome.
- Great program: Keynote speaker Rev. Jim Antal, our ever-popular science fair, making connections with our church community.
- Great facility: Modern facility, choice of housing: from bunk rooms to private en-suite rooms.
- Beautiful location: Exploring the local environment at Crawford Notch, mountains, foliage, hiking.
Friday, October 5, 2018
- Plan to arrive for dinner. The game room, library and other facilities will be open and available.
- Buffet-style dinner 6:00-8:00pm
Saturday, October 6
- The formal event begins after breakfast
- Workshops, outdoor group activities, keynote speaker Reverend Dr. Jim Antal, and science fair
- Activities are designed for participation by all ages (toddler/infant childcare available at lodge)
- Campfire and s’mores (if weather permits)
Sunday, October 7
- Web of Life
- Church Service and event closing
- This leaves time for an informal lunch, a hike, a foliage tour, or just a pleasant ride home
- As Monday October 8 is a school holiday, you can also stay through Sunday evening.
AMC’s Highland Center
- In the midst of the White Mountains
- Modern, comfortable facility incorporating many green building features
- Handicap accessible, suitable for members of all ages
- Includes a range of public rooms: Game room, library, fireplace lounge, photo gallery
- Perfect for short & long hikes, photography, foliage tours, rocking on the porch
- Onsite playground for young children
- Complimentary use of gear in the LL Bean Equipment Room; includes warm clothing, rain gear, backpacks, boots and more!
- More info on accommodations, activities, and what to bring here.
All are welcome! This has been a key element of our success in the past!
- Dinner and Breakfast included with room
- Provide food allergy information and vegetarian requests when making reservation
- Lunch is available a la carte in café, or a “trail lunch” can be prepared. Pre-purchase lunch and save.
2018 Room Costs
Rates are per person, per night and include dinner and breakfast. Two night minimum. 9% NH Room and Meals Tax is not included.
“Member” AMC rate means AMC membership. Join AMC today and immediately receive member rates!
NON AMC member rates:
- Room-Private Bath: adult/$168, Youth (13-17)/$98, Child (3-12)/$51
- Room-Shared Bath: adult/$116, Youth (13-17)/$98, Child (3-12)/$51
- Shapleigh Bunkhouse: adult/$88, Youth (13-17)/$76, Child (3-12)/$51
AMC member rates:
- Room-Private Bath: adult/$139, Youth (13-17)/$82, Child (3-12)/$43
- Room-Shared Bath: adult/$97, Youth (13-17)/$82, Child (3-12)/$43
- Shapleigh Bunkhouse: adult/$74, Youth (13-17)/$63, Child (3-12)/$43
Minimum occupancy numbers by room size. If not met, privacy supplements will be applied.
When reserving by gender, roommate requests cannot be accommodated. We are unable to guarantee that you will be roomed with other group members.
Space is limited. Reservations received after August 6th will be on a space available basis.
- Call by August 6th to make your reservation. Call AMC Reservations Mon-Sat, 9am-5pm at 603-466-2727.
- Ask to reserve into South Church Green Coalition & Reservation # 380146
- Provide food allergy information and vegetarian requests
- Payment in full is required when you reserve. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund up to 14 days prior to arrival date, less $25 processing fee. Reservations can be changed up to 14 days prior to stay with no penalty.
We have a dedicated contact at the Highland Center if you have questions or concerns.
Your ideas are most welcome
Let us know of your questions, concerns, or ideas for the retreat. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.470.1640