Faith Forum is interesting, thought-provoking, empowering, caring… Coffee & friendship served! All are welcome! We are a varied group meeting each Sunday at 8:45am in the library before worship. We explore topics of interest, try to spark a faithful response in our lives, and pray together. The first Sunday of every month – we focus on climate justice. Facilitators: Bill Schroeder, Janet Clarke, and others.
Our theme for 2019-2020 is focused on our new mission statement, “Bold Faith, and Following Jesus” to guide our choices.
Faith Forum Sunday, Jan. 26th
8:45am in the church library
We continue discussing racism using the book White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo. Led by Mary Pritchard and Chris Ouimet. Come and be warmed by this community of faithful seekers. Child care available.
Read: Foreward, author’s note, introduction, page 14 (Chapter 1), and pages 34-38 “The White Racial Frame” (or, if time, read all of Chapter 2).
Reading List 2019-2020:
- Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming by Paul Hawken The first Sunday of every month we will focus on a chapter throughout the entire year to keep climate change a priority.
- Accidental Saints by Nadia Bolz Webber, beginning September 15th for 4 weeks, books available, $7
- Ecclesiastes, A Bible Study, by Molly Baskette, a UCC pastor and author, 4 weeks
- a book about racism, perhaps, White Fragility, Robin DiAngelo
- A new Habitat for Humanity Book, Our Better Angels: Seven Simple Virtues That Will Change Your Life and the World by Johnathan Reckford.