Faith Forum is interesting, thought-provoking, empowering, caring… Coffee & friendship served! All are welcome! We are a varied group meeting each Sunday at 8:45am in the library before worship. We explore topics of interest, try to spark a faithful response in our lives, and pray together. The first Sunday of every month – we focus on climate justice. Facilitators: Bill Schroeder, Janet Clarke, and others.
Our theme for 2019-2020 is focused on our new mission statement, “Bold Faith, and Following Jesus” to guide our choices.
4 Week Ecclesiastes Bible Study (Nov 10, 17, Dec. 8, 15)
Faith Forum will study Ecclesiastes, by Molly Baskette, a UCC pastor and author. Ecclesiastes is a short book, considered curmudgeonly and cynical, telling it like it is, pain and overwork, vanity and anxiety, fear, and reminds us of the joys found in the simple life, friends, sunlight, good food and wine and good work, the good things that come from God. Make this a 4 week commitment to come and join in a fun Bible study. Study books available, free, ask Alex or in the office. Facilitators: Janet Clarke, Deanna Atchison, Dave VanArsdale, Chris Ouimet
Reading List 2019-2020:
- Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming by Paul Hawken The first Sunday of every month we will focus on a chapter throughout the entire year to keep climate change a priority.
- Accidental Saints by Nadia Bolz Webber, beginning September 15th for 4 weeks, books available, $7
- Ecclesiastes, A Bible Study, by Molly Baskette, a UCC pastor and author, 4 weeks
- a book about racism, perhaps, White Fragility, Robin DiAngelo
- A new Habitat for Humanity Book, Our Better Angels: Seven Simple Virtues That Will Change Your Life and the World by Johnathan Reckford.