Applications due by February 28th.
We are looking for two enthusiastic, organized and dependable young adults to fill our brand new Junior Intern roles for our summer programs. The internship runs from June 14th – July 30th and the hours are 8am-4pm Monday through Friday, with the occasional Sunday morning or afternoon. Candidates will receive a $3k stipend, to be paid throughout the seven weeks. Candidates must be over the age of 19, have experience or interest in working with children and youth and be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
This internship will allow you to:
- create innovative lessons, classroom spaces and outdoor activities.
- flex your organizational muscles as you recruit chaperones, organize curriculum and supplies and develop schedules for our programs.
- develop interpersonal skills as you work collaboratively with your team, hone caring relationships with children and youth and reach out to families.
- work with a mentor (a senior intern) on best practices for future leaders.
- develop public speaking and leadership skills, as well as worship leadership and teaching skills.
- navigate and learn about group dynamics and how to address them.
Candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and contact information for two references to
South Church in Andover is an open and affirming congregation located in Andover, Massachusetts. South Church welcomes all to apply, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race and ethnicity, physical and mental ability or economic circumstance.